When was the last time you revisited your fitness goals? We all set out with the best of intentions, but it’s easy to get sidetracked. Here are the top 5 distractions that commonly get in the way of our fitness objectives, and some tips on how to regain focus.
Why do we forget our fitness goals?
Our goals usually involve fat loss, muscle gain, improved overall health, strength training, flexibility, and socializing. But often, we become fixated on competing with others or rushing through workouts without proper form or technique. This is especially common in group fitness settings, where socializing can sometimes take precedence over personal goals.
-Do you rush through workouts at the expense of technique and form?
-Do you compare yourself to others and focus on outdoing them?
-Have you tried dangerous lifting techniques to lift more than others?
-Do you work out to the point of total exhaustion rather than striving for perfection?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, it’s time to reassess your motives and get back on track. Being competitive is great, but even star athletes reserve that for competitions, not training.
So, how do you get back on track?
- Tailor your fitness program to your goals.
- If you have a specific weightlifting goal, incorporate strength training into your daily routine.
- If something isn’t working, try the opposite approach.
- Focus on improving your technique and skills while you’re fresh.
- Keep your focus on the big picture, and don’t beat yourself up over minor setbacks.
Staying on track with your fitness goals can be challenging, but we’re here to help. Contact us to discover how a personal trainer can assist you in getting back on the road to success!