Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a donut pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients. Add in the eggs, and apple cider. Mix until combined. Add the melted coconut oil, and honey and continue mixing.
Place the mixture into a large piping bag and piping batter evenly into each mold.
Bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool. Dip each donut in a coconut sugar/cinnamon mixture if desired.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Make sure to spritz your donut molds with non stick spray.
- For an even bolder flavor, you can reduce the apple cider down by simmering it for 20 mins. This gives an eve stronger apple taste.
- You might notice the batter is thick, this is fine! Thicker donuts give us a more cakey bite!
- If you don’t have a piping bag that’s fine. Pour your batter into a zipped-top bag, then cut the corner off and pipe it into the donut pan.
- To check the doneness of these baked donuts, poke your finger into the top of one. If the donut bounces back, they are done.
- You can add some ground nutmeg to the topping for more festive flavors.