- 1 cup dried apples, not freeze dried
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water, more if needed
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and blend until the mixture turns into a paste or dough like consistency.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
YIELD: 20 SERVING SIZE: 1